Substitute for S.B. No. 968 AN ACT ESTABLISHING A HEALTH DATA COLLABORATIVE WORKING GROUP will now go to the Governor for his consideration and signature.
Under the bill, the CHDC must examine and make recommendations on:
1. initiatives to support precision medicine and personalized health R&D;
2. economic growth initiatives for in-state businesses working in bioscience, biopharma, biotech, genomics, clinomics, epigenomics, pharmacogenomics, the microbiome field, and related fields;
3. health data access, privacy, and security initiatives; and
4. advancements in health data and population health to promote efficient and innovative platforms for collecting health data in order to understand the interplay between genetic, behavioral and environmental factors in the incidence of disease.
S.B. No. 1051 AN ACT CONCERNING CTNEXT PLANNING GRANTS-IN-AID AND INNOVATION PLACE DESIGNATION APPLICATIONS, INVEST CT FUND TAX CREDIT TRANSFERABILITY AND STATE INVESTMENTS WITH VENTURE CAPITAL FIRMS was passed by he House and will now go back to the Senate.
This bill makes the following changes to various entrepreneurship and investment programs:
1. allows CTNext, a Connecticut Innovations (CI) subsidiary, to accept additional rounds of innovation place applications and planning grant applications (§ 1);
2. allows insurance companies who hold Invest CT tax credits to sell or otherwise transfer those credits to any taxpayer, rather than just to their affiliates, and makes a conforming change (§§ 2 & 3); and
3. imposes various requirements on venture capital investments the Treasurer makes after July 1, 2017 (§ 4).