CURE, Connecticut’s bioscience organization, seeks an individual to serve as its President and Chief Executive Officer.
The President reports to the Board of Directors and works collaboratively with the Board to lead CURE to deliver on a strong vision: to support and grow the life science ecosystem in CT by connecting, cultivating talent, showcasing companies and institutions, and fortifying appropriate state and federal government policies.
- An advanced degree preferred with some experience with the use of life science and medical technical language
- Knowledge of business development and the business of biotech or life science industry
- At least 10-15 years of overall professional experience preferred
- Prior nonprofit experience ideal; management of an organization preferred
- Fundraising, marketing/branding and fiscal management experience
- A financially savvy and politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a résumé or CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURE board members Stan Choy, Peter Farina, and Frank Marco are available to discuss the position further with interested applicants. Please contact Kelley Gipson at email@example.com if you wish to arrange a meeting.
CURE (Connecticut United for Research Excellence) serves as the bioscience cluster of Connecticut, a diverse community of small and large life and healthcare sciences companies, ranging in scope from therapeutics, to healthcare technology, to medical devices. Universities, government agencies, scientists, educators, mentors, students, entrepreneurs, business experts, service providers and investors join in to form the breadth of the network. As participants in CURE, we educate, cultivate entrepreneurship, support the build of bioscience companies and collaborate to ensure a sustainable, high-value bioscience and healthcare community that improves our quality of life and keeps the Connecticut community strong. CURE is an equal opportunity employer.