- This event has passed.
EWIB-Connecticut: Schmoozing During Corona – How to Network in a Virtual, In-Person & Hybrid World
August 3, 2021 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Trying to figure out how to network when you can’t leave the house? Are your in-person networking skills a bit rusty?
Whether you’re ready to go back to fully in-person events or are still connecting in a virtual world, networking is a key ingredient of your professional success. Join Executive Women In Bio (EWIB)-Connecticut for this helpful and interactive webinar to learn how to polish your schmoozing and networking skills for everything from Zoom calls to in-person events and everything in between.
Learn how to:
- Make schmoozing/networking work for you to build a consistent and clear brand, whether you meet people in person or only “see” them on screen
- Get comfortable handling the “elephant in the room” topic (COVID) when you’re meeting new people
- Create a workable process for networking, from planning through following up
- Develop a clear statement of what you want to share about yourself with this particular group or person
- Prevent your in-person, over the phone or on-camera body language from undermining your executive presence
Gilda is a professional speaker, consultant, and facilitator who serves as a trusted advisor to executives and entrepreneurs to transform their communication, presentation, and leadership skills. Since 2006, she has run her own business and worked with leading organizations on four continents, from Chicago to Shanghai and Rio to Rome, including Travelers, GE, Society for Marketing Professional Services, Wells Fargo, Assa Abloy, and Yale University. Gilda is a Certified Virtual Presenter, her YouTube channel has received over 1.5 million views and her digital newsletter has reached subscribers in over 45 countries since 2008. She is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and holds a master’s degree from Fordham University and an Advanced Business Certificate in management from the University of Connecticut School of Business.
Gilda is committed to advancing economic equity for women. She is an adviser to the Women’s Business Development Council, an organization based in Stamford which serves women entrepreneurs throughout Connecticut. Here she serves as emcee for both the Annual Women-Owned Business Day at the State Capitol in Hartford and the Annual Gala Luncheon. She is also Past President of the Connecticut chapter of the National Speakers Association and the Southern Connecticut chapter of the Association for Talent Development.