The Entrepreneur of the Year Award was established by CURE and Shipman and Goodwin in 2013 to acknowledge the importance of showcasing unique accomplishments of entrepreneurs in our community. We seek to recognize individuals who are imaginative, passionate and game-changers in Connecticut bioscience and whose accomplishments would be heralded outside of Connecticut.
He or she is an outstanding innovator who has:
- demonstrated leadership in advancing the pursuit of scientific breakthroughs applied to real-world problems;
- built and funded a successful/disruptive business model for a company based in information technology, life, medical devices or healthcare sciences;
- made exceptional contributions to the growth of Connecticut’s bioscience cluster;
- demonstrated collegiality, openness to mentoring and sharing of experiences and;
- whose contribution is visible outside of Connecticut
CURE accepts nominations for the Award starting in September through November 15th of each calendar year. If you know of an innovator who meets the stated criteria (see above) kindly submit her/his name, professional affiliation and some biographical information (website, LinkedIn profile) along with your contact information and a brief statement about why your nominee should be considered for the award to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can download and fill out our PDF Form; or fill out our online form here. N.B. Nominations are now closed for the 2017 Award.
Nominees will be reviewed by a panel of judges who will convene in late fall to discuss the submissions and make a final selection. We consider academic as well as industrial entrepreneurs, and, two awards may be given, one for each.
The Entrepreneur of the Year will be recognized at CURE’s annual Holiday Party.
2016 CURE Entrepreneur of the Year:
Michael Weiner, Ph.D.
2015 CURE Entrepreneurs of the Year:
Milind Deshpande, Ph.D.
2014 CURE Academic Entrepreneur of the Year:
Cato T. Laurencin, M.D., Ph.D.
2014 CURE Business Entrepreneur of the Year:
Joseph W. Reilly, C.P.A., M.B.A. and Soft Tissue Regeneration
2013 CURE Entrepreneur of the Year:
Craig M. Crews, Ph.D.