Ready to join BioCT? Simply fill out the form at the bottom of this page, and we’ll promptly respond to your request.
Become a member of BioCT and join a dynamic community of stakeholders committed to sustaining the growth and development of the life and healthcare sciences industry in Connecticut. Membership is open to companies, organizations, and individuals.
Members connect and stay informed about the latest trends while BioCT advocates consistently and effectively on their behalf. Together, we keep the state a high-profile, thriving environment for renowned scientists and respected businesses.
Meanwhile, BioCT applies equal dedication to leveraging the successes of member companies and institutions, accessing government agencies and helping to establish, grow and support new start-up ventures in the life and natural sciences.
The Benefits of Membership — Being part of BioCT allows members to:
Your presence in the BioCT community will facilitate introductions to scientists, entrepreneurs, companies, financiers and business development professionals within the organization and around the state’s entrepreneurial scene.
Members are entitled to use BioCT News (our monthly newsletter that reaches over 3,500 members in Connecticut and the region to:
- Showcase your company news and press releases
- Post job opportunities or internships
- Publicize events
- Create educational forums
- Generate and participate in our Blog
In addition, there are numerous sponsorship opportunities to make yours a recognizable name among members.
Compelling educational forums, seminars, panels, programs and social gatherings provide opportunities to share relevant technology and business issues and experiences. Assistance in collaborating to produce these events is also welcome!
- BioHaven Entrepreneurship Series
- Bioscience ClubhouseCT
- The BioCT Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- The BioCT Holiday Party
- A BioCT Entrepreneur-in-Residence
- A BioCT Summer Internship
- StemConn Conference
And more to come… please send your ideas!
The complete list of member benefits includes an impressive array of economic development programs that support large and small biotechnology companies:
- Tax benefits for workforce training, infrastructure, equipment and construction financing
- Venture capital and other financial investments in public and private institutions growing life sciences research, development and commercialization
- Group Insurance programs
- Group UPS benefits
- Expert service providers from chemists to attorneys
BioCT simplifies the task of being informed by providing a one-stop shop for high level news and information in the world of bioscience —globally, nationally and locally. Get daily updates of member company news.
When you become a BioCT member, you’re among peers who value scientific and entrepreneurial excellence:
- Bioscience, medical devices, pharmaceutical, computer science and other healthcare companies
- Educational and research institutions
- Hospitals that are global leaders in biotech research
- Allied health and health advocacy organizations
- Professional associations
- Architects, engineers and property developers
- Law, accounting, marketing, venture capitalists andother business service firms
- Equipment and materials suppliers
BioCT is your advocate for public policy.
As a direct result of BioCT ’s efforts in Hartford and with municipal governments, we have achieved significant, tangible results that have saved our members hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes and other fees that directly impact the bottom line.
Most recently, we made a successful case for securing a $200 million in funds for ongoing research in the form of the Bioscience Fund. We stewarded this special fund throughout a daunting state budget process, protecting its integrity amidst competing priorities.
We have also successfully worked for important initiatives such as the R&D tax credit and Connecticut’s $100 million Stem Cell Research Fund. We also monitor and fight legislation that could damage bioscience growth in the state or have a negative effect on innovation and research.
Nationally, BioCT is the officially designated state affiliate to the Biotechnology Industry Organization (“BIO”) in Washington, DC. Through this relationship, we have a voice in federal policy that is helping shape the future of the bioscience industry.
BioCT also leads the Connecticut industry delegation at the annual BIO Fly- In, a program that brings over 1,000 leaders of the national biotech industry to Washington to lobby Congress.
Good for bioscience in Connecticut. Good for you.
Connecticut is home to a life and healthcare cluster that is an acknowledged leader in the industry. By working together and supporting one another, BioCT works every day to make our state the #1 location in the nation and pre-eminent in the world, in every area of life and healthcare science.
Why wouldn’t you join? You already belong!